Las Vegas practically needs no introduction. The jewel of the American Southwest, Las Vegas is an entertainment mecca and a destination in its own right, filled with everything from world-class theater and attractions to luxurious shopping and sumptuous cuisine. Its proximity to the Grand Canyon National Park, the Hoover Dam, and the Lake Mead National Recreation Area also make it a prime destination for travelers looking to explore the natural world in addition to (or instead of!) their urban ramblings.
As a result, Las Vegas is also the departure point for a number of Grand Canyon tours and excursions. Available tours span the gamut from pricey airplane and helicopter tours to affordable jeep tours. A number of hiking excursions and various bus tours also pick up from Las Vegas. Almost all tours pick up from hotels in the Las Vegas area, so there’s little need to drive to the surrounding airports.
A wide selection of tours depart from Las Vegas’s various airports and hotels to escort travelers to the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam. Here is a selection of available tour companies and the services they provide.
- 5 Star Helicopters: These affordable helicopter tours focus on Las Vegas and Grand Canyon West, with a variety of tour options that even include an overnight stay option and a Skywalk option. Tours depart from the North Las Vegas Airport and Boulder City.
- Grand Canyon Helicopters: Offering five different tours – a few of which combine aerial tours with a landing excursion – this company highlights the Grand Canyon and its surroundings or the Las Vegas Strip. Tours depart from McCarron.
- Maverick Airlines: With excursions ranging from 4 to 7.5 hours in duration, a variety of sightseeing fixed-wing airplane tours are available through this company. Soar above the Grand Canyon, and land at the South or West Rim. Tours depart from Henderson.
- Maverick Helicopters: This company offers a wide variety of tour options, focusing on the Las Vegas Strip, the Hoover Dam, and/or parts of the Grand Canyon. Prices and duration vary between tours. Some include ground transportation components as well. Tours depart from McCarron.
- Mustang Helicopters: This budget-friendly option offers helicopter tours of the West Rim of the Grand Canyon. Tours depart from Henderson.
- Papillon Helicopters: Three separate tour options cover different aspects of the Grand Canyon. The most comprehensive is the Grand Canyon Voyager, which combines airplane & helicopter flight with a pontoon boat experience and a visit to Grand Canyon West. Tours depart from Boulder City & McCarron airports.
- Serenity Helicopters: Luxury helicopter tours in several varieties, from breathtaking sunset tours to all-day air tours. They even offer wedding packages! Tours depart from Boulder City.
- Viator: Offering a wide variety of helicopter and fixed-wing airplane tours, this company is a great resource for the budget-conscious traveler.
- Pink Jeep Tours: These iconic pink Jeeps are a great way to explore the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam. Tours that combine river rafting, aerial tours, and the Jeep ground tour are also available.
- Canyon Tours: This luxury bus company offers daylong tours of the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, including several stops for photographs and to check out the Grand Canyon Visitor’s Center & IMAX film. Complimentary hotel pick up from Las Vegas.
- Papillon: Tour the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam on these informative daylong excursions. Pick up from hotels in Las Vegas.
- Viator: Featuring primarily daytrips and big excursions, this company features package deals that often include bus tours alongside other components, like a helicopter flight or attraction visit. Many also include pick up from Las Vegas hotels.