Like its sister companies Maverick Helicopters and Maverick Airlines, Mustang and its employees are dedicated to quality, service, and safety. Mustang Helicopters flies only brand-new, state-of-the-art ECO-star helicopters, boasting expanded cabin size and leg room, luxury seating, and expansive wraparound windows for the most incredible aerial views imaginable. Mustang’s pilots are extremely knowledgeable—not only when it comes to flying (like the Maverick Group’s other companies, Mustang and its pilots have received the highest safety rating possible), but when it comes to the history and geography of the Canyon as well. Pilots deliver personalized narration and service, ensuring that everyone on every tour has a chance to experience the best views!
Features and Amenities (included in most tours):
- Complimentary pickup and drop-off between your Las Vegas hotel and Maverick’s Henderson Executive Airport
- Top-grade, tourism-designed, brand-new ECO-star helicopters—offering more leg room and better views from every seat (including theater-style back seats)
- Personalized narration delivered by your expert pilot over individual headsets
- DVD recordings of your flight (including video from multiple exterior-mounted cameras and audio from your pilot’s custom tour) are available for purchase
- Mustang Helicopter tours run year-round, 365 days a year!
Notes and Things to Improve:
- Mustang will allow you to switch tours, though a reschedule fee is required: to avoid any issues, make sure everyone in your party confirms the date and time of your booking well in advance, and arrive at your departure spot early!
- Please note that due to helicopters’ fuel and weight capacities, children over 2 must purchase a seat and guests over 300 lbs must purchase an additional seat
- Due to weather conditions, no-shows in other parties, etc., flights may be canceled; however, in these situations, Mustang’s accommodating cancelation policy will ensure you a trip—whether at a different time or on a different tour
- At present, tours are only available in English; however, non-speakers can still enjoy spectacular views in luxurious comfort. Maverick is working on a system that will offer translation in 12 foreign languages.
- All passengers 18 and older must carry valid photo ID.
- FAA regulations require children 2 and older to have their own seat.
Sample of Popular Tours
Free Spirit Tour:
This incredible early-morning tour provides awe-inspiring lighting as you fly across Lake Mead, the Hoover Dam, and the extinct volcano Fortification Hill, before descending 3,500 breathtaking feet below the West Rim. Enjoy champagne and snacks surrounded by the spectacular scenery of native Hualapai Indian lands in the Canyon’s heart, just 300 feet above the powerful Colorado River. All this and you’ll still be dropped back at your hotel before lunch!
Grand Canyon Air Tour:
For sightseers looking to experience the Grand Canyon’s glorious vistas without leaving the comfort of their ECO-star helicopter, this air-only tour is the obvious choice. Gaze upon some of the Canyon’s most famous and magnificent landmarks, including the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Lake Las Vegas, Fortification Hill; even fly through the Black Canyon during the return journey. Experience incredible natural beauty and personalized comfort in just four hours hotel-to-hotel: an ideal daytime escape from the city!