Tusayan is a resort town in Nevada, located near the south entrance to the Grand Canyon National Park. It’s a very small town, but due to its proximity to the canyon, is the departure point for a number of Grand Canyon tours for those coming from the east / Grand Canyon Village area. Tusayan, Arizona is not to be confused with the Tusayan Ruins, an archaeological site within the Grand Canyon itself.
Near Tusayan is the Grand Canyon South Rim Airport Terminal, which services a number of helicopter companies that offer tours into the Grand Canyon. It’s also close to the Grand Canyon Village, which is the departure point for bus and jeep tours.
Because of its proximity to the south entrance of the Grand Canyon and to the Grand Canyon Village, there are a wide variety of tours available at Tusayan. Options span the gamut from relatively inexpensive jeep tours to pricey, all day rafting excursions and helicopter jaunts. Tours are offered through several different companies, many of which feature a couple of different options depending on budget and interest. Most tours also include relevant park fees, so you’re not adding that on top of your tour costs. Here is a selection of some of the available tours you’ll find at Tusayan.
- Grand Canyon Airlines: These 40+ minute tours include the East & North Rims, the Painted Desert, and Kaibab National Forest, and more.
- Maverick Helicopters: These 45+ minute tours combine all of the most beautiful and breathtaking scenes of the Grand Canyon into one great package.
- Papillon Helicopter Tours: Tours of varying lengths and prices (and using different aircraft!) focus on different aspects of the North Rim and Central Grand Canyon region.
- Grand Canyon Airlines: Fly from the South Rim Terminal to Page, Arizona for an informative, guided tour of Antelope Canyon and a rafting trip down the Colorado River.
- Papillon: Combine a scenic airplane tour with a long-term rafting adventure and you’ve got quite day! Or, hop aboard a bus and then enjoy a 15.5-mile rafting excursion.
- Papillon: Combine a brief, exciting helicopter ride over the canyon with an open-air jeep tour of the Grand Canyon National Park, which stops at select viewpoints and other points of interest.
- Pink Jeep Tours: Personally guided and fully narrated tours of varying lengths and focuses are available for reasonable prices. Stops at major viewpoints included. Tours also include Grand Canyon admission fees and selected additional activities (such as the introductory IMAX movie).
- Adventure Southwest: Embark on a daylong hike of the Grand Canyon with expert tour guides, with pick-up points in Tusayan and elsewhere.