Gray Line Tours is one of the largest and most famous sightseeing-tour providers in the world. Originally founded in 1910, they have over a century of experience. Today they operate thousands of distinct tours across the globe, with tours available in over 700 different locations spanning some six continents. In the Las Vegas area, they specialize in running guided tours that take guests to such spectacular regional sites as the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, and Lake Mead. These tours come in numerous different formats—with extensive optional add-ons—meaning that they are suitable for a wide range of budgets.
Popular Gray Line Tours
Gray Line Las Vegas regularly runs nearly 50 different tours. A number of these offerings are specialty tours of the Las Vegas strip, but the majority are guided tours of three of the most spectacular outdoor attractions to be found in the Southwestern United States: the West Rim of the Grand Canyon, the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, and Hoover Dam. Given the varied nature of the tours you can take with Gray Line Las Vegas, prices vary dramatically, ranging anywhere from around $50 all the way up to nearly $600 for some of their more exotic and luxurious outings.
Grand Canyon West Rim Tours
For approximately $165, Gray Line Las Vegas’ most popular tour to the breathtaking West Rim of the Grand Canyon provides you with transportation from your Las Vegas hotel to Grand Canyon West, a complimentary lunch, and admission to the Grand Canyon Skywalk—a glass-bottomed bridge that lets you walk out over the Grand Canyon itself and peer down some 4,000 feet! Gray Line Las Vegas West Rim tours are also available without the Skywalk feature (for about $20 less), and/or with many optional add-ons such as transportation via “luxury limo van,” helicopter ride, pontoon-boat outing, and more.
Grand Canyon South Rim Tours
With Gray Line Las Vegas you’ll have several choices for tours to the world-famous South Rim of the Grand Canyon. The most basic option available here is a motor-coach tour that picks you up from your hotel on the Las Vegas strip and takes you to the South Rim via stops at Hoover Dam, Kingman, Arizona, the National Geographic Visitor’s Center, and of course several of the most scenic points along the Grand Canyon itself including Mather Point, and the Grand Canyon Village. This tour will usually cost you around $100 per person. Numerous optional upgrades are also available, and include such possible features as a helicopter tour, Hummer tour, IMAX movie, and more.
Hoover Dam Tours
There are four different Gray Line tours running from the heart of Las Vegas to the man-made marvels of Hoover Dam and Lake Mead. The most basic option costs about $60, lasts just under 5 hours, and includes a tour of the Dam and full access to its Visitor’s Center/Museum. A deluxe version of this tour is available for about $10 more, and includes a picnic-style lunch. There are also excursions to the Hoover Dam that let you add-on a helicopter ride or a cruise-boat ride on Lake Mead.
Things to Know & Insider Tips
- The price of your Gray Line Las Vegas tour ticket does not include any sort of gratuity for your driver/guide. It is considered customary to tip around 20%.
- A number of the tours operated by Gray Line Las Vegas are also available in a Spanish-language option—you’ll see all the same great sites along the way, only your guide will be a Spanish speaker. If this tour would make sense for you and/or your group, make certain to inquire about it.
- Many Gray Line Las Vegas tours tend to sell out, so it is highly recommended that you make reservations in advance of your desired tour.
- For families traveling with small children, please keep in mind that you do not need to purchase tickets for kids under the age of two years old.
- The majority of coaches/vehicles run by Gray Line Las Vegas are not accessible. If you or someone in your traveling party will be requiring accommodations, you’ll want to make sure to notify the tour company at least 72 hours in advance of your scheduled tour.
Is Gray Line the Tour Company for You?
Gray Line Las Vegas is a well-known brand name in the world of sightseeing excursions, so if you choose one of their tours you’ll be going with a company that has a long history and solid reputation. One of the real perks of choosing Gray Line Las Vegas for your outing to the Grand Canyon and/or Hoover Dam is that they have so many options available that you can customize to fit your needs; with nearly 50 different versions of their tours to choose from, you’ll be sure to find something that works for you and/or your group.