Tour companies that specialize in motorized, adventure experiences for travelers offer off-road Jeep tours. If you like to travel off the beaten path, an off-road Jeep tour is an excellent option to enhance your vacation experience. Off-road Jeep tours are offered around the world. Popular in desert regions, a Jeep tour is an ideal way to cross miles of hard-to reach terrain.
If you are traveling to an unfamiliar area, and you want to experience adventure while having the security of an expert guide, you will enjoy the natural wonders and the challenges of navigating a Jeep through remote natural areas. Some tour companies also offer hiking tours in combination with the off-road Jeep tour, giving an athletic component to the adventure travel experience.
Advantages of Grand Canyon Jeep Tours
- Traveling by Jeep is one of the most exciting, interactive ways to experience a new region.
- The photo and video opportunities for off-road Jeep travel are abundant, especially if you’re riding in the passenger seat.
- Not your average travel tour, an off-road Jeep tour is ideal for adventurers.
- An experienced guide can take you places that you couldn’t find alone.
- Fun for individuals, families and couples, an off-road Jeep tour appeals to all kinds of people.
Disadvantages of Off-road Jeep Tours
- While it’s rare, vehicles can break down. If that’s the case, you might be waiting for hours to get a spare part.
- If you don’t enjoy the company in your Jeep, you’re stuck with them in the middle of nowhere until the conclusion of the tour.
- If you need to stop to use the restroom frequently, this might not be the tour for you.
- Because you are traveling as a group, you may not have the opportunity to stop and experience the local culture due to the structure of the tour.
- You have to give up an element of individuality when traveling on a tour.
Off the Beaten Path- Who Should Go and Who Should Stay on the Trail
An adventurous person who likes other people will enjoy the excitement and camaraderie that an off-road Jeep tour can provide. Additionally, if you like the great outdoors but your internal GPS is broken, it would be safe and smart to hire an experienced guide who knows the area well: you can enjoy the remote wilderness without having to send smoke signals for help! An off-road Jeep tour can be a great family experience, and most children enjoy the excitement of viewing nature from a moving vehicle.
While an off-road Jeep tour is great for most kids, children under eighteen months old should stay behind with the sitter. People who suffer from motion sickness should also consider an alternate tour, and anyone suffering from cardiovascular or heart problems should consult a physician before taking an off-road trip to a remote area. Pregnant women are discouraged from taking an offroad Jeep tour, although some companies offer tours that are suitable for pregnant women, and also for people who don’t enjoy the bumps and winding curves of off-road driving.