Maverick Helicopters is one of the newer tour companies in the business, launching in 1995—and they’re dedicated to maintaining a fleet of the newest, top-of-the-line helicopters available. Their current fleet of helicopters are the quietest and most eco-friendly available, specially designed to offer more room for sightseeing and luxury seating. In addition, the Maverick team is committed to individualized customer service. Tours are meant to be interactive: the pilot provides personalized narration through individual headsets, and guests are encouraged to ask questions and participate.
In addition to personal service, Maverick Helicopters is committed to safety while flying upwards of 225,000 passengers every year, their commitment seems to be paying off! The company holds the top safety record of any aviation tourism company in the world. Maverick was also granted the prestigious FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) Diamond Award for excellence in aircraft maintenance and training. Finally, Maverick is ADA compliant: flights are safe for individuals in wheelchairs, pregnant women, and infants. All you have to do sit back and relax, comfortable and secure, while enjoying some of the most spectacular views the country has to offer.
Maverick Helicopter Tours Features and Amenities (included in most tours):
- Departure from Maverick’s convenient Las Vegas terminal, including complimentary pickup and drop-off at hotels within a 5-mile radius
- Luxury champagne toast before takeoff or during a Grand Canyon landing
- ECO-star helicopters offering a 23% larger cabin than standard models, luxury theater-style seats, unparalleled wraparound windows, and noise reduction
- Maverick’s helicopters are able to fly 1 mile farther into the Canyon than other operators and descend 3,500 ft on landing tours to a private landing bluff.
- Optional DVD recordings of your flight (including video from multiple exterior-mounted cameras and audio from your pilot’s custom tour) are available for purchase
- Customized tour narration delivered by your pilot with individual headsets
- Maverick tours are operational year round, 365 days per year!
Maverick Helicopter Tours Notes and Things to Improve:
- Maverick is extremely busy, so it’s best to book your tour ahead of time: if you wait until your arrival in Las Vegas, it’s very likely that all tours will be sold out
- Since helicopters have a strict weight limit, passengers and their carry-ons (i.e camera bag, purses and backpacks) are weighed before departure; guests over the weight limit (300lbs) will be charged for an additional seat at a discounted rate. To avoid hassle, know your weight beforehand.
- Maverick will allow you to change your tour; however, you must pay a rescheduling fee if you make the change less than 48 hours before departure—so be sure to confirm the date and time of your tour with all party members and show up early, just in case!
- Please note that all passengers must carry government ID. Children younger than 2 years old will need to show a birth certificate.
Sample of Popular Maverick Helicopter Tours
After departing from Maverick’s Las Vegas terminal, enjoy a spectacular 90-minute (round-trip) flight over some of the Canyon’s most magnificent offerings, including Lake Mead, the Hoover Dam, and Fortification Hill (an extinct volcano). Descend 3,500 feet below the Canyon’s West Rim into native Hualapai lands, and enjoy a light snack and champagne toast with views directly above the Colorado River! Your return journey soars past more natural beauty (including the incredible Bowl of Fire red rock formation), plus the manmade beauty of the Vegas strip.
For a short yet exhilarating and absolutely one-of-a-kind way to experience Vegas, this tour is a must! Choose between an dusk or evening version of the tour. You’ll receive a glass of champagne before flying over fantastic skylines, fountains, resorts, and more all set alight for a truly unforgettable flight at a very reasonable price.
This package airplane tour gives you the chance to experience an unforgettable flight to the Grand Canyon and to spend some time at the Canyon’s South Rim, inside the Grand Canyon National Park itself. You can wander, explore, and enjoy the view while eating your (included) gourmet boxed lunch! For the adventurer who prefers quality time in the Canyon over narrated schedules, this tour allows hours of individual sightseeing time at Bright Angel Lodge and Mather Point.
Skywalk Odyssey Tour:
Combine an exhilarating 90-minute (round-trip) flight across the Grand Canyon and many of its most famous vistas with a one-of-a-kind walking journey across the Grand Canyon Skywalk. The glass-bottomed Skywalk sits suspended 70 feet out from the West Rim and over 4,000 feet above the Colorado River. And you don’t have to worry about crowds: premium admission to the Skywalk (plus a souvenir photo) are included in the tour. Note: this tour is not for the sightseer afraid of heights!