Comedy on Deck Tours ran their first tours out of Las Vegas in 2003. Originally, they were a tour company staffed only by comedians; that is, all their tours—which at first ran exclusively between Las Vegas and Hoover Dam—featured tour guides that were also professional comedians. Today, their guides are still funny characters who’ll take you on an enjoyable tour—they just aren’t all comedians, and tours now are available to Grand Canyon West, too. Over the years, Comedy on Deck Tours have prided themselves on operating tours according to the company motto, “quality over quantity.” This means that they regularly operate a small number of tours, focusing on providing guests with only the best experiences on those limited number of excursions.
Popular Comedy on Deck Tours
Depending on which tour option you select, prices for Comedy on Deck Tours tickets typically run somewhere between $80 and $210 per person. There are several different tours available, but the focus here is squarely on outings to Hoover Dam and/or Grand Canyon West. For those wanting to visit Grand Canyon West, you even have the choice of purchasing your Skywalk tickets ahead of time.
Grand Canyon West Rim Ultimate VIP Tour
For approximately $210 per person, this VIP experience includes both a hot breakfast and hot lunch, a trip along the Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge, and stops at scenic West Rim locations like Guano Point, Indian Village, and Eagle Point. It even covers all entrance fees. For those individuals traveling as part of a large group, please note that for groups of 12 or more people, this tour is available at a special, discounted price.
Ultimate Hoover Dam VIP Tour
Comedy on Deck Tours considers this option their “signature tour,” and bill it as the “most comprehensive” tour of Hoover Dam that is available for those visiting from Las Vegas. Tickets run around $90 per person, and the tour lasts roughly 6.5 hours. Highlights include a hot lunch, designated photo opportunities, a visit to the Visitor Center, and Comedy on Deck Tours’ exclusive 45-minute, guided “Walk on Top” tour of the top of Hoover Dam.
Hoot and Hoover Dam Tour
This is the tour that started it all! Enjoy all the benefits and experiences available as part of the “Ultimate Hoover Dam VIP Tour,” but do so as part of a group being led around by a truly funny tour guide. Tickets cost approximately $130 person.
Things to Know & Insider Tips
- The majority of tours offered by Comedy on Deck Tours are led by a “step-on” tour guide, which means that the driver is there to do just that: drive. This usually makes your tour that much safer and entertaining, as the driver can focus the entire time on driving, while the tour guide is just there to keep you informed and engaged.
- Please keep in mind that the price of your Comedy on Deck Tours ticket does not include any sort of gratuity for your driver/guide. Throughout the industry, it is considered polite to tip approximately 20%.
- If you are looking to book a tour as part of a large group outing—say, a wedding party or a corporate retreat—Comedy on Deck Tours also offers a number of customizable specialty tours for private parties.
- Comedy on Deck Tours will pick you up from one of seven different Las Vegas-area hotels. Make sure to check their website for an up-to-date list of these possible pick-up locations; you’ll need to select one of these options when you purchase your ticket.
- Comedy on Deck Tours highly recommends that you make tour-ticket reservations in advance, as the vast majority of their excursions sell out ahead of time.
Is Comedy on Deck the Tour Company for You?
If you’re looking for a unique take on the Las Vegas to Hoover Dam and/or Grand Canyon West tour experience, Comedy on Deck Tours might just be the choice for you. In particular, if you like the idea of taking in some of the most remarkable attractions to be found in the American Southwest while laughing out loud to the hilarious (and insightful!) commentary provided by a comedian/tour guide, then you’ll definitely want to select Comedy on Deck Tour’s classic “Hoot and Hoover Dam Tour.” It’s a one-of-a-kind experience. Overall, if you’re looking for a really fun and irreverent take on the contemporary sightseeing tour, Comedy on Deck Tours is a good option.