They fly the most state-of-the-art aircraft, with custom-made raised seats for a superior viewing experience. You’ll get 180-degree views of the sights below you, with ideal opportunities for photographs at practically any moment while in flight. They also offer a neat feature where you can pay for a recording of your flight (made from the inside of the cabin) so you’ll never forget the experience.
5 Star also wants to make every flight with them a special occasion. There are plenty of opportunities along the way to customize and upgrade your experience, from things like opting for a private limo ride to the airport, to booking a deluxe package for your dream wedding directly through them. Of course, you don’t need to shell out big bucks to enjoy their flights. They have some of the best and most affordable pricing for the essential Grand Canyon tours in the area.
Their expertly-trained pilots are the best in the business – charming, witty, and full of information about the amazing sights you’ll see along your journey. And with them as your trusted guides, you’re sure to enjoy the experience of a lifetime as you see the sights and sounds of the Grand Canyon or Las Vegas in a whole new light. Whether you’re soaring over the Las Vegas Strip at that perfect nighttime moment when everything is illuminated, or hovering above the Grand Canyon and marveling at the ancient rock formations, you’ll never forget your time with 5 Star.
5 Star Features and Amenities (included in most tours)
- Taxes and fees are usually included in the listed price of tours, so you know exactly how much you’re paying up front.
- You’ll get 180-degree views of the sights below from forward-facing seats in an intimate setting.
- Complimentary hotel pickup is available from most, if not all, Las Vegas hotels. You’ll get to enjoy a luxury Mercedes van as your pickup vehicle, too!
- All helicopters are state-of-the-art, newer models, so you’re getting a top of the line experience. Typically they fly Eurocopter AS350B2 helicopters.
- All flights are subject to weather; in the event of bad weather, you are offered the option of a rescheduled flight or a full refund.
- The flight recording (an optional purchase) is available as a Blue-ray, USB, or Google Drive download.
Notes and Things to Improve
- While it’s not common in the industry, you should know that they do not offer child pricing on helicopter rides, which can make a big difference when budgeting.
- Please note that passengers weighing more than 250-275 pounds (varies between helicopters) are required to purchase an additional seat due to weight restrictions.
- The minimum age for passengers is 2 years old, and all passengers must have their own seat.
- If you think you can’t make your tour, try to cancel as soon as possible, as they only issue partial refunds (and in cases of very short notice, no refund) for cancellations made less than a full week out.
- If you opt to take advantage of the hotel pick-up, keep in mind that you may actually spend a lot of time on the shuttle depending upon where you fall on the pickup route.
Sample of Popular 5 Star Helicopter Tours
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury Helicopter Tour: This helicopter tour is a great combination of aerial adventures and a little bit of time spent on the ground. Take a 70-minute ride out to Grand Canyon West, passing the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Black Canyon, and many other major landmarks and natural sites along the way. Descend into the canyon for some stunning views of the unique rock formations. Then, spend a bit of time at Grand Canyon West where you can souvenir shop before returning to Las Vegas.
Grand Canyon West Rim Air-Only Tour: A bit more budget-friendly than the previous tour, the Air-Only Tour follows essentially the same route out from Vegas to the West Rim of the Grand Canyon. Enjoy sights of the Colorado River, the Hoover Dam, Fortification Hill, Lake Mead, and many more while en route. Then, descend lower into the canyon for those breathtaking views before you return along a slightly different route for new views of the landscape below.
Las Vegas VIP Night Flight: This romantic excursion is the perfect way to see the Strip at its finest – in its full, illuminated glory after dark. Spend 15 minutes soaring over the highlights of the Strip, where you’ll enjoy the best sights of top casinos from the Bellagio to the Luxor and beyond. Enjoy a courtesy sparkling wine toast before your flight, too!