Grand Canyon Helicopters flies the newest, most luxurious, sound- and climate-controlled aircraft available. Their ECO-Star helicopters are designed with both passenger comfort and visibility, and environmental considerations in mind: experience 180º views from your theater-style seats onboard the only touring helicopter with noise levels that register below the National Park Service’s standards! As a National Park Service Preferred Provider, Grand Canyon Helicopters has exclusive landing sites at the bottom of the Canyon, plus certification to fly the entire Canyon’s length! Finally, after 45 years of experience flying 450,000 passengers nationally, Grand Canyon Helicopters has perfected and continues to exceed its safety standards: as a founding member of the Tour Operators Program of Safety (TOPS), their safety, pilot training, and maintenance standards remain much higher than those required by the FAA.
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour Features & Amenities (in most tours):
- Complimentary limousine pickup and drop-off between Las Vegas hotels and Grand Canyon Helicopters’ Vegas terminal (*for Las Vegas departures only)
- ECO-Star helicopters guaranteed on every single tour: these helicopters boast luxury theater seating, noise reduction, 180º views, and a 23% larger cabin
- Tour narration available in multiple languages besides English (e.g., Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Italian, and more!)
- Champagne toast included—either before takeoff or on the Canyon floor
Notes and Things to Improve:
- Grand Canyon Helicopters tends to sell out quickly: to ensure that you keep your spot, call in and confirm your booking at least 24 hours prior to departure
- Flights are sometimes canceled due to unavoidable weather conditions and other considerations; however, you will be scheduled for another flight in these cases
- Please note that helicopters have restricted weight and fuel capacities: passengers weighing over 275 lbs must pay an additional 50% of their base fee
- Grand Canyon Helicopters strongly recommends that a woman in her third trimester check with a doctor before flying; due to low altitudes, though, there are no restrictions
- The FAA requires that all passengers carry valid photo ID
Sample of Popular Grand Canyon Helicopter Tours
King of Canyons:
After a free limo ride from your hotel to Grand Canyon Helicopters’ terminal, board your ECO-Star helicopter for hours of unforgettable views, including Lake Mead, the Hoover Dam, the Colorado River, the Mojave desert, and more. Fly over the Canyon’s West Rim for a breathtaking 4,000-foot descent past cliff faces and rock formations, and enjoy a champagne picnic at the bottom of the Canyon next to the Colorado River. Finally, soar across the Vegas Strip’s many manmade wonders on your way back.
*Note: you can select a sunset version of this tour timed to give you unmatched sunset views on departure!
Ace of Adventure:
For those who wish to see some of the Grand Canyon’s most fantastic natural features and the Vegas Strip without leaving the comfort of a luxurious ECO-Star helicopter, this air-only tour is the perfect choice! Fly over Lake Mead, the Hoover Dam, the Colorado River, Grapevine Mesa, the Grand Wash Cliffs, the Hualapai Nation’s eastern lands, and finally the sparkling Vegas Strip in a helicopter specifically designed for comfortable sightseeing.
Jack of Lights:
Ideal for Vegas travelers looking to add that little something extra to their itinerary: enjoy a limo ride to and from your Vegas hotel, a champagne toast at Grand Canyon Helicopters’ private Las Vegas terminal, and a luxury helicopter tour over the fantastic lights of the Vegas strip—all in less than 2 hours!