Marvelous Marv’s offers a unique tour of the South Rim of the world-famous Grand Canyon. The tour departs each morning at 9:00am from Williams, Arizona—a charming small town some sixty miles from the South Rim that is considered by many to be the “Gateway to the Grand Canyon.” Your guides for the day are the husband-and-wife duo of “Marvelous Marv” and “Magnificent Maggie.” They will do the driving as you sit back and enjoy the wondrous sights just outside the window.
Unfortunately Marvelous Marv’s Tours have ceased operations. We don’t have any info as to why. We suggest you take a look at Canyon Dave’s tours to get to the Grand Canyon
The tour operates out of comfortable, modern 12-person vans that feature air-conditioning and a PA system—which ensures that you won’t miss a word of your local guides’ fascinating narration. Here you’ll learn about the natural history of the Grand Canyon, Colorado River, and entire surrounding area as you move from one spectacular photo opportunity to another. On account of the ever-changing circumstances at Grand Canyon National Park—weather concerns, road construction projects, traffic issues—Marvelous Marv’s does not guarantee a specific itinerary; this means, in part, that every tour is a unique one!
The cost of one Marvelous Marv’s Grand Canyon Tour runs near $150. In addition to the day’s tour, your ticket comes with several additional perks. These include admission into Grand Canyon National Park, the chance to stop at various gift shops and souvenir stands along the way, time for a short hike along the Canyon, a souvenir magnet, an information packet, and a CD of Grand Canyon pictures. The tour stops for lunch at Maswik Food Court and Pizza Pub, and typically returns to Williams around 4:00pm.
Things to Know & Insider Tips
- Marvelous Marv’s offers groups of 6 or more people traveling together a discounted rate, so make sure to inquire about that special deal if it pertains to your plans.
- If you purchase your ticket via a credit card, there will be a fairly substantial service-fee charge added to the price of your tour. Keep in mind that this charge is not included in the initial advertised tour price.
- If you are looking to avoid this added cost, Marvelous Marv’s also accepts payment via cash, personal checks, and traveler’s checks.
- It is considered polite to tip your guide at the conclusion of your tour. Gratuity is not included in the price of a tour ticket.
- The cost of the tour’s lunch at Maswik Food Court and Pizza Pub is not included in your ticket’s price. Lunch for one person here will usually run somewhere from $8-12.
Is Marvelous Marv’s Grand Canyon Tour for You?
Marvelous Marv’s specializes in one kind of tour: a quick overview of a number of the South Rim’s most spectacular locations. It is a great option for those visitors to Grand Canyon National Park who: don’t want to deal with the hassle of driving through the area themselves; would like to take a tour but don’t want to deal with a large group of people; and desire to travel with a guide that is from the area. Marvelous Marv is a native of the region, and he brings that lifetime of local knowledge to bear on the tour experience that bears his name.