The Red Rock Balloons Tour Experience
Tours are available 7 days a week, so long as the weather cooperates. From start to finish, your entire experience with Red Rock Balloons typically lasts between 3 and 4 hours. Red Rock Balloons tours always begin at sunrise, meaning you’ll be able to watch the balloon inflate as day breaks—and you’ll be airborne right as the sun rises across the breathtaking stretch of the Seven Canyons area where your balloon will launch from.
Your time in the air will usually be somewhere between 1 and 1.5 hours in total. Along the way, you’ll see all the sights and sounds for which Sedona is rightfully famous—who knows what sorts of wildlife you’ll even encounter from a bird’s eye view! When you land, you’ll receive a DVD of your experience, as well as a complimentary picnic lunch.
Red Rock Balloons requires you to call ahead of time and make a reservation. A single ticket costs about $225 for adults, and approximately $200 for kids under 12. They also sell gift certificates, and offer a special wedding-themed luxury package.
Things to Know & Insider Tips
- The price of your ticket at Red Rock Balloons does not include any sort of gratuity. If you enjoy your hot air balloon ride experience, it is customary to express that gratitude to your tour guide in the form of an approximately 20% tip.
- While children are allowed to ride along with Red Rock Balloons, the tour company does also have a strict height policy: all hot air balloon participants must be at least 48 inches or taller.
- Red Rock Balloons will both pick you up from, and drop you off again, at your Sedona-area hotel of choice. Make sure to inquire about such arrangements at the same time as you make your tour reservations.
- If for some reason you must cancel your tour reservation with Red Rock Balloons, you must do so at least 24 hours before your scheduled departure in order to avoid still being charged.
- Red Rock Balloons fleet of hot air balloons consists solely of “Safety T-Baskets.” These oversized baskets are widely considered the best and safest in the entire industry.
Is Red Rock Balloons for You?
Red Rock Balloons does one thing, and their experienced, friendly staff prides itself on doing it quite well: they provide outstanding hot air balloon rides to those adventurous visitors who want to experience the natural beauty and splendor of Sedona from a truly unique vantage point. Given the fact that no participant can be shorter than 48-inches, this tour experience is not really suited for those families traveling with small children. However, if you have ever wanted to see Sedona from the air, and at a more leisurely pace than from a helicopter, then Red Rock Balloons is likely your best choice.