Popular Red Rock Magic Trolley Tours
Red Rock Magic Trolley operates three different tours out of Sedona, Arizona. The length and price of each one of these tours varies, but ultimately they all fall between 55 to 120 minutes long and $10 to $40 in price. Reservations ahead of time are highly recommended, but not strictly required.
Sedona Hi-Points Tour
This 2-hour long tour takes you to all of Sedona’s favorite attractions in an air-conditioned coach van. It runs every Monday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 11:00am and 2:00pm. A ticket for adults runs just under $40 or so; kids cost nearly $25. Highlights include Bell Rock, Airport Mesa, Chapel of the Holy Cross, and more.
Boynton Canyon Tour
This 85-minute trolley tour runs every day of the week, departing Sedona at 10:30am, 12:00pm, and 1:30pm. Tickets are approximately $25 for adults and $12 for kids. This tour features a number of wonderful views of Sedona and its scenic surroundings—namely Jordan Historical Park and the lovely Boynton Canyon area—and emphasizes the region’s Native American history and “Western Movies” scenery.
Chapel of the Holy Cross Tour
This is a 55-minute tour that takes visitors along the breathtaking Highway 179 Scenic Byway, offering views of some of the area’s most memorable vistas. Along the way you will also see Tlaquepaque Arts & Shopping Village, as you make your way to Sedona’s iconic Chapel of the Holy Cross. This trolley ride leaves at 9:00am, 7 days a week; it costs $15 for adults, and $10 for children under 12.
Things to Know & Insider Tips
- The schedules for each one of the three tours available from Red Rock Magic Trolley do tend to vary according to season and demand, so make sure to double-check tour times and availability in advance of your visit to Sedona.
- Children ages 2 and under can ride for free on any one of Red Rock Magic Trolley’s three tours; you do not need to purchase a ticket for those littles ones.
- If you are traveling as part of a group of 8 or more people, and you are interested in going on the Sedona Hi-Points Tour, you can book that tour as a private excursion; just inquire about this possibility at the time you book your reservation.
- If you have a positive experience while on your Red Rock Magic Trolley tour, it is customary to tip your guide approximately 20%. There is no gratuity included in the price of your tour ticket.
- For those visiting Sedona as part of a large group, or intending to stage a special event in the area, Red Rock Magic Trolley also conducts private group outings and provides wedding transportation.
Is Red Rock Magic Trolley for You?
Red Rock Magic Trolley has a quality reputation as providing pleasant and informative introductory tours of scenic Sedona, Arizona. If you are traveling through the area in your own vehicle, and you’d prefer to take any number of Sedona’s many vibrant shops and natural attractions at your own pace, then you might be best off saving a bit of money and exploring on your own time and terms. However, if you and/or your group think you would find a relatively brief guided tour of the area’s major highlights useful and/or enjoyable, Red Rock Magic Trolley would be a good choice.