Founded in 2000, SWEETours has grown from a one-van tour operation that served only 300 customers during its first year in business, to an acclaimed tour company that takes nearly 50,000 guests on tour annually across its fleet of over 25 different vans, mini-buses, and coaches. They offer a wide range of tours, suitable for a variety of different budgets, that cover Southwestern attractions ranging all the way from Grand Canyon National Park to Lake Mead to Zion and Bryce Canyons. They are also available for a wide range of charters and/or special-event outings.
All SWEETours depart from Las Vegas, where various hotel pick-up options are available (after you purchase your tour ticket, you’ll have to call SWEETours to find out what time you’ll be picked up). Depending on which tour you choose to go on—and/or what sort of optional add-ons you decided to make a part of your tour experience—prices here can range anywhere from approximately $60 to $400 per person. Many tours also have special rates available for children under the age of 12.
Grand Canyon South Rim Tour
This delightful day tour transports you from your Las Vegas-area hotel to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, where you’ll have plenty of time to explore such famous locations as Mather Point, Yavapai Point, Grand Canyon Village, and more. This tour also makes brief stops at the Hoover Dam Overlook and Williams or Seligman, Arizona. It includes snacks and a deli-style lunch. Tickets cost approximately $165 for adults, and $105 for children.
Grand Canyon West Rim Tour
This day-long tour picks you up and drops you off right at your Las Vegas hotel. Along the way, you’ll stop for a bit at Hoover Dam Overlook and drive through Joshua Tree Forest in Arizona. At Grand Canyon West you’ll be able to do as much or as little hiking as you like, and you’ll have the option of adding-on to your experience features like a helicopter-ride or a Skywalk ticket. Regular tickets cost approximately $180 per person; with the helicopter tour option add-on, nearly $350 per person.
Hoover Dam Day Tour
This six-hour-long tour of Hoover Dam costs roughly $70 for adults, $60 for kids under 12, and $15 for kids under the age of 2. Hotel pick-up and drop-off is available, and the tour grants you great access to both spectacular views and stunning feats of engineering.
Things to Know & Insider Tips
- No matter what tour you select with SWEETours, the cost of your ticket will not include any sort of gratuity for your driver/guide. It is considered customary to tip them around 20%.
- SWEETours has an entire page on their website devoted to “Special Offers.” This webpage routinely displays a number of discounted fares and special packages. It’s worth monitoring as you plan your trip; you never know what deal might pop-up there!
- If you are traveling as part of a large group, keep in mind that SWEETours is available for special charters, too. They have a long, successful history of serving wedding parties, private sightseeing groups, and many, many more, in facilitating their particular travel-tour needs and desires.
- On every single SWEETours excursion, all guests have access to an unlimited supply of complimentary bottled water.
- Certain tours you can choose between a regular ticket on a bus, or you can upgrade to a more exclusive tour in either a coach-van or an SUV. Make certain to check the SWEETours website for more details on these sorts of possible add-ons.
Is SWEETours the Tour Company for You?
SWEETours is a good option for those visitors to Las Vegas who find themselves with the time and desire to explore one/some of the spectacular attractions found just down the road from the city. SWEETours runs a lot of regular tours daily, and one of their real selling points is their flexibility. Even if you choose one of their pre-existing tours, you can usually customize it in a number of different ways, including by adding-on supplemental attractions and/or by choosing your form of transportation. They also have a sizable customer service staff on hand that is always ready to take your call or answer your e-mail.