Serenity’s owner and operator, Steve Egger, began his career based in Hawaii as a pilot in the Vietnam War. Since then, he’s been committed not only to providing an unbeatable passenger experience, but also to maintaining unparalleled safety—and with Serenity, he has succeeded at both goals for the past 25 years. Many of Serenity’s pilots are also veteran helicopter pilots; every single pilot has exceeded all FAA requirements in addition to earning tour guide certification. Pilots provide personalized narration in combination with choreographed music for a truly one-of-a-kind tour experience. Better still, each passenger has the opportunity to experience all this in crystal-clear sound through noise-reducing headphones. (For a lifetime of memories, purchase your tour—sights, sounds, and all—on DVD!)
Features and Amenities (included in most tours):
- Complimentary pickup and drop-off in Serenity’s Tuscany® Executive Luxury vans—including individual comfort seats, LCD/TV and DVD surround sound
- Guaranteed FAA safety-certified pilots and top-of-the-line maintenance
- Serenity’s exclusive landing site allows a spectacular view of the Colorado River, surrounded by the towering cliff walls of the Canyon
- Lunch (plus a glass of champagne!) is included (*landing tours only)
- Personalized narration delivered by your highly skilled and friendly pilot
- The opportunity to purchase a DVD version of the tour, including narration, music, and MultiVision video system recording)
Notes and Things to Improve:
- Serenity is one of the smaller tour companies flying to the Canyon, so it’s a good idea to book your tour as far ahead of time as possible to ensure that you and your group get seats
- Due to weather conditions that can affect flight safety, tours may be canceled without warning; however, in these situations, Serenity ensures that your tour will be rescheduled (if this is impossible for any reason, you’ll receive a full refund)
- Please note that due to FAA regulations, passengers (and luggage) will be weighed before departure: passengers over 240 lbs (or couples with a combined weight of 420 lbs) must purchase an additional seat. Avoid hassle by knowing your weight before arrival at the terminal and preparing your luggage accordingly
- Since narration is provided by your pilot rather than prerecorded, tours are only available in English at this time—though non-native speakers are welcome to enjoy fantastic views and music!
Sample of Popular Tours
Sky Dancer Sunset Tour:
Experience the breathtaking views surrounding the Grand Canyon—views even more incredible when backlit by one of the Southwest’s famously picturesque sunsets! Fly over Lake Mead, the Hoover Dam, the Colorado River, the Grand Wash Cliffs, and down into the Grand Canyon itself—descending almost 4,000 feet to the Canyon floor. Take in the Canyon’s majestic beauty, capture it all with pictures, and enjoy a picnic lunch complete with a glass of champagne! Depart just in time to watch the sunset illuminate the area’s spectacular features on your way back to Vegas.
Sunset Tour and Dinner:
During this luxurious tour, fly over some of the Grand Canyon and its surrounding area’s most famous vistas. You’ll land next to the Canyon’s West Rim for a gourmet dining experience including linen tablecloths, silverware, flowers, and more! Sip champagne and choose from a chef-selected menu while watching the sun set over the Grand Canyon’s most unforgettable landmarks!