Based out of beautiful Sedona, Arizona, Great West Tours has been leading guided tours throughout the American Southwest for nearly 15 years. They run a number of different kinds of tours suitable for visitors with a wide range of interests, desires, and budgets. These tours include guided experiences near the Grand Canyon, as well as excursions farther afield throughout scenic Northern Arizona. Prices alternate depending on the nature of the tour you choose, but there are options available for nearly every budget.
Popular Great West Tours
Whether you are looking to go on a coach ride along the fabled South Rim of the Grand Canyon, hike near the photogenic Antelope Canyon, or explore the history and geology of the Sedona region, Great West Tours has a guided experience that is right for you and/or your group. Depending on the tour you select, prices per ticket range from approximately $50 on the low end to nearly $200 at the high end.
Grand Canyon Experience
This full-day tour starts in Tusayan with an IMAX movie on the Grand Canyon. It then enters Grand Canyon National Park, and winds all along the Grand Canyon’s stunning South Rim. Lunch is included. Prices range from approximately $125 to $145.
Grand Canyon Sunset Tour
This day-long experience begins at 11:00am, and it usually costs between $140 and $160 per person. It covers terrain similar to the Great West’s “Grand Canyon Experience,” with the primary difference being that the day culminates with a “gourmet dinner” at the Arizona Room in the Bright Angel Lodge in Grand Canyon Village. Afterwards, you will be able to take in one of the true wonders of the world: a sunset at the Grand Canyon.
Antelope Canyon Tour
This 11-hour tour takes you to Arizona’s most iconic slot canyon, Antelope Canyon. There you will be able to explore Canyon X and Lower Antelope Canyon, as well as hike to Horseshoe Bend. Approximately $140 to $160 per ticket.
Scenic Sedona Tour
This lovely tour is a real steal, typically costing between $35 and $65 per person. Moving throughout the breathtaking red-rock landscape of the Sedona area, you will learn about the history of this special place while enjoying remarkable scenery.
Things to Know & Insider Tips
- If you have a positive experience on your tour, it is considered polite to tip your guide approximately 20%. This gratuity is not included in the price of your tour ticket.
- On most Great West Tours there will be a selection of complimentary snacks and water available for the duration of the day.
- The Antelope Canyon tour experience involves narrow passageways, steep ladder climbs, and a fair bit of hiking. It is recommended that those potential visitors with knee, hip, and/or heart concerns should consult with their physician before going on this tour.
- If for some reason you are forced to cancel your reservations with Great West Tours, try and make sure to do it at least two days prior to your tour (if at all possible). Any cancellations that occur more than 48 hours before scheduled departure will receive a full refund.
- For those traveling with small children or individuals with mobility concerns, Great West Tours will provide car seats and/or wheelchairs. If you notify them of these issues at the time of your ticket purchase, they will reserve either item for you.
Is Great West Tours for You?
Great West Tours is a well-regarded tour company operating out of Sedona, known for running fun, informative, and well-organized excursions to a number of the region’s best-loved attractions. Their tours are reasonably priced, and when their tickets include lunch, the lunch options tend to be more varied than some other area tour operators. Most of their tours run for pretty much an entire day, so you’ll want to make certain you are ready to devote a complete day to your outing before committing; however, given the natural beauty on display during each of these tours, it’ll likely be worth it.